Now, if you want to play poker, there is no need to visit a nearby casino. With the advent of the internet, you can play online casino and poker games.
Most of the beginners start playing poker by playing Texas Hold’em as it one of the easiest and simplest forms of poker.
You can play Texas Hold’em directly from your phone using online poker websites. Texas Hold’em is available in most of the online poker websites.
It is not really different from playing live poker. However, you need to learn basic Texas Hold’em poker rules to play this game online.
Texas Hold’em Poker Rules
You can play online Texas Hold’em with two or more than two people. The limit is 2 to 10 players. Here are the rules you need to follow while playing this game.
- Dealer: During the game, one player acts as a dealer. The dealer position is known as “button”. Every player gets to play different positions as the button rotates clockwise after each hand.
- Blind and Big Blind: These are two different positions on the table. The person who sits to the left of the dealer is called blind. The person after blind is known as the big blind.
- Forced Bet: Before the cards are dealt, only two players have to pay the bet amount in the game. It is known as a forced bet. The betting money is pre-determined. The blind and big blind have to put the bet amount.
- Hole Cards: After the first bet money comes into the pot, each player gets two cards. These cards are face down. They are known as hole cards.
- First Round: Once the hole cards are dealt, the first round of the game begins. In this round, the person sitting on the left of the big blind starts the game. They have three options. They can either fold their card; raise the bet amount or call.
- Round Continues: After the first player gets the chance to take action, the betting round continues clockwise. Each player on the table gets the chance to fold, raise or call.
- Flop: After completing the first round of betting, comes the flop. In flop, community cards are put face-up on the table. Three cards are kept on the table. After the flop, the second round begins.
- Second Round: After the flop, the game continues clockwise. Each player can look at the community cards and make the decision to raise, fold or call the cards.
- Turn: After each player gets a chance, and the second round is completed, another community card is kept on the table. Now, there is a total of 4 cards on the table. It is known as the turn.
- Third Round: After the turn, the third round of the game continues clockwise. Players can fold, call or raise the bet.
- River: After the third round is completed, the last card is kept on the table. It is called the River. Now, there will be five cards on the table.
- Fourth Round: After that, the fourth round of betting starts. The players can check if they can make a strong hand by using community cards. Depending on the card, they can fold, raise or call. The last person remaining on the table or the person with the highest card wins the game.
These are the basic rules you need to follow while playing Texas Hold’em online.