Five-Card Draw is another variant of poker game. It is also known as Cantrell draw. Out of all the types of poker, it is the easiest and simplest one.
Most of the people start with this game because it is simple and easy to understand. People mostly play this game at homes.
If you are learning to play poker, you can begin with this variant. However, it would help if you understood the house rules to play this game.
5 Card Poker Rules
To learn how to play five card poker, you need to understand the basics of the game and know the rules of this game.
- Hand Rankings: You need to start with understanding the hand rankings. There are ten hand rankings in poker. It would help if you created a hand with the highest-ranking to beat others. The highest hand is the Royal Flush.
- The Deal: It is a 6-handed game. They have to draw and discard the cards to create the best hand. The betting structure decides how the game will start. During the start of the game, each player is given five cards. The cards are face-down. It is done after the positions are decided. Most of the time, it is played with the blind. There are two types of blind.
- Small Blind: It is a forced bet. The player who is at the small blind position, need to bet a predetermined amount of money. It is half the amount of big blind.
- Big Blind: The person who is sitting on the left of the small blind is known as the big blind. They have to bet the double amount of money on the table. It is a full bet.
- First Round: After the players get the card, the first round begins. In this round, each player has to take actions. They can raise the bet amount, fold their cards or check the hand.
- The Draw: This is the central part of the game. It is different from all the other types of poker games. After the first round, comes the drawing part. As the name goes, the players can draw new cards from the table by discarding the ones they have in their hand. They can do it with one or all of the cards. It would help if you used the discard button to discard the cards. If you don’t want to discard any cards, you can go with Stand Pat option. After discarding the cards, the players are dealt with new cards.
- Final Round: After drawing new cards, another round of betting begins. The player sits on the left to the button will start the betting. You can take actions as per the cards.
- The Showdown: This is the end of the game. The player with the strongest hand will win the game. You can demand a showdown or raise the bet so that other players can fold their cards.
These are five card poker rules. It would help if you learned the rules to understand the game. Compared to other poker games, the rules of this game is pretty simple.